Thursday, May 7, 2015

Two great Moms, one awesome month!

First of all I am very thankful that both Mike and I still have our moms alive and healthy.  I am also very thankful for the relationships they have with our children.  I know one day Noah, Amelia and Maxwell will look back and realize what a gift it is to have such a close, loving and supportive relationship with your grandparents.
My mom hadn’t been out in a while, so we were all excited when she came out for Easter.  It was especially fun because she hadn’t seen any of the remodeling we had done to the house in the last year.  She heard me complaining, crying and stressed during the weeks that our kitchen was under constructive, so she really understood how excited I was when it was done and it was better than I had imagined.  The days she was here went by too fast; I keep telling her about all these places and restaurants I want to take her to when she visits but it’s proven quite difficult to fit any of it in.
We had our 2nd annual cul-de-sac Easter egg hunt, we planned to have everyone over for brunch after doing the egg hunt outside.  However, the weather had others plans, we ended up having the egg hunt in our house for the little kids and on our back patio for the older ones.  We’re still finding hidden eggs!  The brunch was really fun, great food and great company.

Two weeks later, Nancy, Mike’s mom came out for a visit.  As always, she is absolutely wonderful!  The weekend before she came we had planned to go to Austin for the weekend to get a weekend away, just the two of us but cancelled last minute because the weather was supposed to be terrible.  Sweet Nancy, watched the kids for us while visiting so Mike and I were able to go.  I am really thankful to have her as a mother-in-law, she is such a caring person and so easy to be around.  She is impossible not to love, I’m pretty sure everyone that knows he would agree.
 


Mike and I had a blast in Austin!  I had never been and he had only been briefly for work so we were both excited to explore the city.  My best description is that it was the closest thing to San Francisco that you will find in Texas, we immediately feel in love with all Austin has to offer.  We had amazing food (best street Tacos of my life), drinks and especially enjoyed all the live music.  We spent Saturday walking the city, we saw the very impressive State Capitol building, the UT Austin Campus, the wall art on 8th Street and so much beautiful scenery.  We can’t wait to take the kids back and explore more of what the surrounding area has to offer.  There is nothing like a weekend away to relieve stress and feel refreshed.
Here are some fun pictures I had on my phone from the last few weeks that I thought I might share.
Mike's obsession with Gremlins has passed down to Noah.
Fort Worth Botanical Gardens
She is always making homes for her roly poly's and lady bugs
A boy and his dog.

No comments:

Post a Comment